以为
yǐ wéi
to think (i.e. to take it to be true that ...) (Usually there is an implication that the notion is mistaken – except when expressing one's own current opinion.)
Choose read or listen to add a card to your active cards
你以为她会来吗?
nǐ yǐ wéi tā huì lái ma?
Did you think she would come?
他以为我在开玩笑
tā yǐ wéi wǒ zài kāi wán xiào
He thought i was joking
你为什么笑?
nǐ wèi shén me xiào?
Why are you laughing?
我作为公民。
wǒ zuò wéi gōng mín。
I as a citizen.
它作为宠物。
tā zuò wéi chǒng wù。
It as a pet.
为什么狗湿了?
wèi shén me gǒu shī le?
Why is the dog wet?
你为什么说谎?
nǐ wèi shén me shuō huǎng?
Why are you lying?
因为你是坏的
yīn wèi nǐ shì huài de
Because you are bad
因为你说了谎
yīn wèi nǐ shuō le huǎng
Because you lied
为什么狗淋湿了?
wèi shén me gǒu lín shī le?